Register > Official Rules
inFAMOUS™ 2 Cole’s Missing Missions Design Challenge
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in inFAMOUS™ 2 Cole’s Missing Missions Design Challenge (the “Promotion”), each Entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 13 or older at time of entry with a valid PlayStation®Network ID (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404.
3. TIMING: The Promotion begins October 11, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on October 25, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (the “Promotion Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: Internet access, a copy of inFAMOUS™ 2 the game, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and a valid PlayStation®Network ID (“PSN ID”) are required to enter this Promotion.
a) During the Promotion Period, launch inFAMOUS 2 on your PS3™ system and log into the PlayStation Network.
b) Once you launch inFAMOUS 2, select “Start” to bring up the menu.
c) From the menu, select the “User Generated Content” mode.
d) In the User Generated Content mode, select from “Tools” and check the box titled “Narrative”.
e) Create and design your own original mission by using the tools in the User Generated Content mode.
f) Select “Publish My Mission” button.
g) Navigate to infamousthegame.com on the internet and sign into the website with your PSN ID.
h) Select “My Published” and identify the level you want to submit.
i) Select and submit the level (“Entry”) by clicking on “Submit My Mission” button.
a) To be considered for Judging, your Entry must have the following criteria:
i) Have at least a 4.5 star rating or higher.
ii) Have at least 15 ratings.
iii) Have the “Narrative” tag applied.
iv) Created after October 10, 2011.
v) Scope of the level must be contained in one mission. No “Part 1” or episodic design.
b) The following factors will be used to judge each Entry by Sponsor’s representatives: 50% Narrative, 25% Gameplay, and 25% Creativity (“Judging Criteria”). Judging will begin on October 26, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Sponsor’s representatives will score each qualifying Entry based on the Judging Criteria. The entry that receives the highest score will win the grand prize. The 2 entries with the second top scores will be the second place prize winners. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules.
6. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Winners may need to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Sponsor must receive the completed Affidavit by December 1, 2011 or Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Winner. If a Winner is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the Winner resides, then that Winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return an Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact the Winner (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Entry, each Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Entry to use that person’s name or likeness in the Entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, and information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
8. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Video. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Video is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Video is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a Video for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
9. PRIZES: One grand prize winner will receive a one-of-a kind Good and Evil Cole statue from inFAMOUS 2 (measuring approximately 8 inches tall, 4 inches wide and 2.5 inches long), the winning designed mission featured in-game as a highlighted mission, $1,000.00 in PlayStation®Store credit in the form of a voucher (voucher will will be emailed to the winner’s email address that is linked to their PSN ID), a signed copy of inFAMOUS 2, the game, by the Sucker Punch team, and the winning mission will be highlighted on the PlayStation Blog ($1,600.00 Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)). Two second place prize winners will each have their designed mission featured in-game as a highlighted mission, $100.00 in PlayStation®Store credit in the form of a voucher (voucher will will be emailed to the winner’s email address that is linked to their PSN ID), and the mission highlighted on the PlayStation Blog ($200.00 ARV). Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
10. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified by email via PS3 system inbox messaging on or about November 9, 2011. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within 2 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 2 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
11. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
12. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
13. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “inFAMOUS 2 Cole’s Missing Missions Design Challenge” Attn: SCEA, PlayStation Network Community, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by November 28, 2011.